Contrary to some assertions that are flying around in the media and on social media, Miss Ghana 2015 Antoinette Kemevor is not missing.
According to the organisers of the Miss Ghana pageant, Exclusive Events Ghana, Antoinette is in Ghana.
Speaking to Citi Showbiz’s Apiorkor, the CEO of Exclusive Events, Inna Patty, said that Antoinette got back to Ghana from her United States trip, before she (Ms. Patty) did.
“Antoinette actually got back to Ghana before I did. I returned to Ghana, just last night,” she said.
“Someone sent the link of a story that suggested that Antoinette was missing in the US, to me, and I actually decided not to comment on it; I’ve developed a thick skin for these things.”
Contrary to the claims of some entertainment news websites that the former Miss Ghana had been contacted for further information, Inna asserted, “No one has tried to reach me; this is the first call that I’m receiving.”
Some news portals reported on January 5, 2016, that Antoinette Kemevor was missing. According to these reports their sources told them that officials of Exclusive Events could not find the young woman, who made into the top 20 of the Miss World 2016 pageant. One interesting thing is that none of these portals stated who their sources were.
“It’s not about me, it’s not about [the media] and journalists and [juicy] stories; at the end of it all, it’s about Ghana. And if you generate bad press about our beauty queens, you’re destroying your own brand, our own brand, the Ghanaian brand,” Inna Patty also said to Citi Showbiz.
“It’s such a shame that this had to happen.”
Earlier today, Antoinette also responded to a comment on her Instagram account, which asked if it was true that she had absconded, after the Miss World pageant in the United States, to which she responded, “no my dear, it’s not true. I am back in Ghana”
By: Jeffrey Owuraku Sarpong/citifmonline.com/GhanaRelated